Saturday, October 15, 2022

Body-condiments

About 4 hours ago I stepped onto the front porch, with a steaming cup of coffee, a blanket (it's a cool morning), and my computer. (all at the same time!  and I didn't even drop anything!). 3-1/2 hours later, I was pondering the past several days and it occurred to me that I couldn't remember the last time I took a shower. Umm....also, all my comfortable pajamas are dirty to the point where turning them inside out isn't working anymore.

Personal hygiene apparently hasn't been a priority lately. Upon reflection I remember taking a shower the morning of Capt's funeral. That was on the 11th.  (I think) Oh...maybe it isn't the dog I'm smelling....yikes 

Yesterday a box from my favorite overpriced toiletries company appeared on the porch. Oh golly, I thought. Did I order something and spend the tractor payment in the fog of grief? NO! A dear sweet friend remembered my affinity for lovely smelling body-condiments* and sent me a box and a candle! So this morning, I thought...HA....either it was a long distance hint based on past experience (she was with me The First Time), or she really loves me. Probably both. And I took a shower, put on CLEAN pajamas (they're actually Capt's), and started a load of laundry. Now I feel very accomplished.


Another friend sent a couple of Cracker Barrel gift cards "in case I don't feel like cooking".  While they don't deliver, they do bring it out to the car, so I don't really HAVE to get dressed. Technically. Mmmm chicken and dumplings.....hm....

What did I do to deserve such friends? Nothing that I can recall. 

Carry each other's burdens, and in this way, you will fulfill the law of Christ.    Galatians 6:2

Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.  Matthew 22:36-40


* I can NEVER remember that word...TOILETRIES....and always substitute "condiments" when I'm needing it. I mean....

No comments:

Post a Comment