Monday, January 2, 2023

*yawn*

Three times now I've started and stopped a post. I've tried to put into words the stuff that's happening, both internally and externally. And I can't. It's too vague. Like mist or smoke. The words are there then they aren't. Gone before I can get them down. I hate that. I've had one really good day recently, with energy and motivation, and stuff accomplished. It felt really good. Then the clouds came back, literal and metaphorical. It's this Winter weather. Rain, cold, then not cold and rain, and more rain. I need some sunshine. In a real and longer-than-a-day kind of way. I want to actually FEEL like getting outside and prepping the garden for Spring, get some things painted, get a red jacket made. But then I get tired. I want to sit down with a cup of coffee and disappear into some form of fiction. A movie, a binge-watching of ER, a good book. Something that ISN'T HERE.

Ah well. This too shall pass. I know it for what it is, and it isn't a permanent situation. At least I don't have small children who need me, or a job that must be done Or Else. Being able to binge-watch is a luxury I am not taking for granted. 

It's the time of year. It's Winter. I can't imagine how I'd be if I lived some place WAY up North with the super short days and blistering cold. I'll have energy come Spring. Things will get done. For now, I do what I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment